Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Man - The Music - The MAGIC


AR Rahman - The word on every Indians lips... Many people wud ve and will keep writing abt him. So i refrain from writing abt him.. But still, his music is so much a part of me and my life that I am not able to control it - primarily because I grew up with him and his musical compositions.. I still remember the huge poster I purchased from Rajpath during his concert @ New Delhi prior to the Republic Day celebrations.. I was all tears watching him sing Maa Tujhe Salaam, especially the Tamil version "Thaai mannae vanakkam..."

I owe a lot to him because its his music that has brought me out of stress and loneliness, kept me moving, made me smile and wat not.. I was all excited wen he won the oscars - many ppl mite say that Slumdog was not his best one and there are many other compositions of his which deserve the Oscar.. I feel that the issue was not alone with the music - the film, the universal recognition and the blending of the music with the storyline is also important. Nevertheless, Rahman victory is an example of the saying "Good things comes to people who wait - Patience rewards..." Is it not???

I believe Rahman is a very strong brand - in a marketers language.. The brand that stands for commitment, compassion, excellence, determination, patriotism, humbleness, humanity and achievement... The words that he spoke after winning the oscar - "dedicated to MOM", "God bless", "ellam pugazhlum iraivan oruvanukae" conveys what he is.....

Similar to how Rahman is always a part of my heart, his music a part of my life, this post a cherished part of my blog....

Congrats Rahman Bhai - I believe that every composition of his right from Chinna Chinna AasaI to Arziyan & Rehna Tu deserves a oscar... koduka maateenguraangale pa.. :-(

No comments: